Keegan's Blog

just another journal of thoughts

Weather

January16

The summer storm howled as the wind knocked the trees, racking their branches across the windows, making the noise that sounded like nails on a chalkboard. I saw the flash of bright white light on the ceiling above my bed. Then a clap of thunder, like a bass drum 20 times it’s own sound. I looked outside of the big window above my bed, and could see nothing but pure black. I saw the car beside the garage, with the light from the garage dancing on it’s tinted windows. I hear the howling of coyotes, just barely, over the loud crashes of thunder and the howling wind. I closed my eyes but could not sleep. The rain was to loud, with it’s clapping and it’s flash every 10 seconds, but I managed to slowly drift off.

I woke up the next morning with light coming in through the windows, with a strip of light through the darkness in my room. I slowly stand up and walk down the pale, white carpeted hallway, then the stars after that. I walk into the bright kitchen with fruit on the table and the beige walls but I continue towards the door and walk outside. The smell of rain is overwhelming, while I hear the birds chirping their early morning songs. Then I realize today is the perfect day.

2 Comments to

“Weather”

1. January 19th, 2014 at 4:08 pm      Reply Mrs. Kriese Says:

Captivating from the very first sentence! Vivid imagery, expressive writing. Wow.

2. February 4th, 2014 at 11:11 am      Reply wallyd288 Says:

Wow Keegan, I could visilize everything! Hope you diden’t have nightmares after that one!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

google translate

Recent Comments

Class Blogs

Skip to toolbar